Choosing the right tutor for your child with learning and attention issues can seem like a daunting job. Knowing more about each potential tutor’s background and approach to teaching can help you narrow down the choices. Here are questions to ask before you hire a tutor for your child.
We recommend the following questions to ask:
1. How long have you been tutoring?
2. What are your qualifications / credentials?
3. Have you tutored children before?
4. What is your success rate in tutoring for _______ (name subject your child needs help with)?
5. How long is each tutoring session?
6. How much is each tutoring session?
7. Do you have packages for long-term tutoring?
8. How do you measure my child's progress on a subject?
9. Will you work and communicate with my child's teachers?
10. What can I do to support you with the tutoring of my child?
Asking these basic questions can help you get a feel for the organization you want to retain to guarantee your child's excellence in education. Keep this handy as a checklist when interviewing tutors.